Frequently Asked Questions
As a part of our promise to deliver excellent kidney care to our patients on the Gulf Coast, we have answered a few of the many questions we receive on a daily basis. If you have further questions not answered here, make sure to give us a call.
- What is a Nephrologist?
- What does it mean to be “Board Certified” Nephrologist?
- What is the difference between a Nephrologist and an Urologist?
- What is Chronic Kidney Disease?
- Why did my primary care doctor ask me to see a Renalus Center for Kidney Care Physician?
- Do I need a referral to see a Renalus Center for Kidney Care Physician?
- How can I get information about my lab results?
- What will I experience during my visit first visit?
- What are Electronic Health Records (EHR)?
- Do I have a choice of which Renalus Center for Kidney Care office to visit?
- Will I always see the same physician when I have an appointment at Renalus Center for Kidney Care?
- What is the difference between a Nurse Practitioner and a Physician Assistant?
- What do I need to bring with me to my first appointment?
- Are there forms that I need to complete before my appointment?
- Who can help me with insurance, billing or other financial questions?
- What insurance do you accept?
- How will I know if I have a co-pay?