Treatment & Services
Your health is crucial to every other aspect of your life. When you receive a diagnosis, seeking a second opinion is an important step in:
- confirming the diagnosis
- researching additional information
- investigating new treatments
- comparing treatment results
- creating an action plan
Primary care physicians will often recommend a specialist who has more experience in treating a particular illness. As board certified nephrologists, we have specialized training to identify, diagnose, and treat kidney disease.
When obtaining a second opinion, ask your specialist:
- Is the diagnosis correct?
- What are my treatment options?
- Are there new treatments or clinical trials?
- What are the benefits/side effects of the recommended treatment?
- How much time do I have to consider the options?
- Is surgery necessary?
- Is hospitalization necessary?
- What is the recovery time?
- What is the financial cost of a recommended treatment?
Remember, you are your best health advocate. At the Renalus Center for Kidney Care, we have a friendly and knowledgeable staff available to answer questions and provide a quality healthcare experience.